Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Day After....

It feels good to be connecting with my blog again. The last 3 weeks have been filled with framing, promoting et al for the exhibition and my spring classes. All that build up for an exhibition... Yesterday, when I mentioned that it cost at least $ 1000 to get ready for this exhibit ( at Diablo Valley College), someone registered complete surprise! Some folks just aren't aware of what goes into a presentation. . The reception, however, was great! Quite a good turnout and several artist friends whom I haven't seen in some time came to see my recent work. Exhibitions are important for lots of reasons; and for those who think it is all about sales- well, it isn't. It is about validation; it is about bearing witness to internal growth. And for viewers, it gives an opportunity to see evolution and sequence in addition to all the other individual responses one has to artwork.
I am grateful for this opportunity to exhibit in such a wonderful space. I think the art department at DVC might benefit ( their gallery is tiny) from some collaboration with the library.
I am about to jump into my studio, so I will continue this later

No comments: